To be prepared, as a community, for disasters or threats, man-made or natural.
Preparedness Group checklist to start:
- Water – Stored for every household. Rain water collection system, water barrels, water puriﬁcation ﬁlters recommended: minimum – 1.5 gallons of water per day per person
- Food – Short term, 60-90 days non perishable foods for the pantry – consider some freeze-dried (we are recommending – 6 months to a year) recommended: minimum – 2,200 calories per day per person * don’t forget a supply of food & water for your pets
- Communications – Hand held radios for all adults. Baofeng UV-5Rs HAM, FRS and GMRS
- Medical Supplies – IFAKs for everyone. Combat Life Saver sized kits, vehicle kits and bulk medical supplies for aid station: IFAK – Individual First Aid Kit. (IFAKs are trauma kits containing essential life-saving materials, bleeding control and major wound treatments.)
- Alternative Power – Generators, gas or diesel, fuel, fuel saver, gas cans, solar battery chargers